Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do people pay money into my paypal account

Options
Go to solution
jogriff
New Community Member

i have some items on craigslist and this man wants my email for pay pal to put money in so he can buy my items. im not feeling this to be a good thing. he has been texting me and he is in africa on business. so he  says.. he also says he has ebay account that he sells from but its all messed up. hes buying my items for his son. NoNE OF THIS makes any sense to me. i told him no i dont feel this is a real deal. he sounds desperate to do this but im not comfortable until i know for sure. PLEASE HELP

Options
Go to solution
ruby2zdy
New Community Member

Scammers always sound desperate or are very pushy, won't let you hang up politely. You have to just say "No and don't contact me again".   You'll probably have to hang up on them.  Don't even try to justify it because they have an answer for everything.  If your gut says it's a scammer, it's a scammer.

Options
Go to solution
holland2386
Contributor
I swear that is the same thing that is happening to me. The whole out of town thing and buying it for the son... will I get in trouble if I put the cell # on here and u tell me if its the same one

Options
Go to solution
dawnad
Contributor
Most scummers are from Nigeria. Recently one of them (l call them,>IQ-500<) bought my item (actually blocked my item, no paymant ) saying he sent funds on my PP of course lied, I checked PP acount and nothing, told him there's no paymant the guy sent me fake latter from PP confirming paymant done , later told me that I need to go quickly ship the it

Options
Go to solution
dawnad
Contributor
Most scummers are from Nigeria. Recently one of them (l call them,>IQ-500<) bought my item (actually blocked my item, no paymant ) saying he sent funds on my PP of course lied, I checked PP acount and nothing, told him there's no paymant the guy sent me fake latter from PP confirming paymant done , later told me that I need to go quickly ship the item and give him parcell tracking number and also said to me that he sent extra 60 pounds for 1st class delivery Everything based on fake PP letters. I asked him simple question it's radiculus 'cause the price after the bid is over new item in a shop and you put extra 60?? Interesting good idiot or bad thief. Another's one action pattern very similar bunch of paypal proof of payment and rushing up like as soon I receive the item I give you good feedback and your money will be release by PP but my acount still empty like an african drum 🙂

Options
Go to solution
klajdi1985
New Community Member

how much does paypal charges me to trasfer the money that someone payed me to my bank account?

Options
Go to solution
Teodora

Dea Paula,

do you mean we need to provide our regular emaila dress only? The one we registered while applying for PayPal?

Regards,

Teodora

Options
Go to solution
barstard1
New Community Member

how do i validate my email to accept a payment.thanx

Options
Go to solution
PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee

Hi barstard1,

Welcome to the UK Community Forum and thanks for posting!

When you add an email address to your PayPal account, we send you an email to confirm that you own the email address. Click the link in the email to confirm your email address. If you don't receive the email, you can request that we send it to you again. Here’s how:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'Update' beside 'Email.'
  4. Select the email address you want to confirm, click ‘Confirm’ and we will send you an email.
  5. Click the link in the email to confirm your email address.

Note:

• Until you confirm your email address, you cannot receive money into your account.
  • You also must confirm your email address before you can make it the primary email address on your account.

I hope this helps,

Maria

Options
Go to solution
mummylisa
New Community Member

can my hubby put money in my account even though he is not registered with paypal or will he need to sign up as he does not want to sign up

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.