How do people pay money into my paypal account

Raydiator
Contributor
Contributor

What details do I give someone who wants to pay money into my paypal account ?  Do I give them my merchant name, my merchant ID or my real name ?  If a company wants to pay me for something, what information should I give them ?

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

cuddlybob61

thank u

Login to Me Too

dusty1963

They don't need to log in to pay pal account , then enter my email address ?

Login to Me Too

dusty1963

Where do i find my email address for my pay pal account ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there dusty1963,

You need to remember it, it is whatever email address you used to sign up for your PayPal account.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

dpokerherbert12
Contributor
Contributor

how does someone pay money into my paypal account ? saying use my email addreass isnt that simple. can you please tell me the actual steps someone would have to take in order to pay money into my paypal account please . thanks and regards

Login to Me Too

wennyb
Contributor
Contributor

People have been putting money in my account for purchases on ebay but it says my account is empty. I have not had funds transfered to my bank so where is it? Please help - Wendy

Login to Me Too

tigerwhite
New Community Member

thanks paypal paula info very helpful

Login to Me Too

EClaiiRe
New Community Member

So the person sending money doesn't need your sort code?

Only e-mail address??

Login to Me Too

yazicioglu58
New Community Member

Hello, someone wanted to purchase my car. He is going to send money to my paypal account. Then, he send carrier company to pick up the car. Does this look fine?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Be very carefuld this sounds like a classic scam.

Be wary selling cars/large items if the buyer is keen to use paypal and states they are working abroad or sending to a friend etc and need a shipping agent to pick it up..

You then get a FAKE paypal email saying you have been paid extra so you can pay the shipping agent for them via western union and the payment is released to you after you have done that.

It is a scam to get that western union payment, they don't want your car and the shipping agent is just a scam to get that payment.

They are nearly always in Nigeria and can't even own a paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.