How do i refund on paypal when my 8 year old brought something without my consent

Farrahb93
New Community Member
How do i request a refund on paypal when my 8 year old brought something without my consent? Already been through google play and they denied my refund request due to policy terms but it was for £100 and i don't even have those funds in my account 😭 I was devastated when the email came through my daughter was certain she was just *following a video to get free Robox* when I questioned her. How do i go about getting a refund without it going sour with google as im not the sort to ask for a refund if it was £20 i would have took it as a harsh lesson for forgetting to put the parental controls back on but £100 pounds is a devastating blow with severe repercussions for my bills
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Farrahb93 

Sadly you can only open a paypal dispute for item not received OR item received but not as described....neither of those would apply.

You can also open a billing dispute again this would not apply OR unauthorised but as it came from your IP address or device etc that would be auto closed as well.

Unfortunately its against paypal rules to allow another person access to your paypal account so you gave away in effect your payment information and so you are responsible for that.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then you could talk to your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.