How do I unsubscribe to montly statement emails? I can't find a way.

Rube1
Contributor
Contributor

I can't find a way to answer. I can't find a way to email PayPal or Christine. Here's the most recent of our contacts, from the top down:

---------

I can’t leave my computer connected to the Internet for hours waiting for someone to see your chat box – that costs money! I’m using this email contact instead. See below, reading from the top for the most recent message.

----------

Hi, Christine. I guess you didn’t read my contact where I said I don’t use PayPal, but I want to keep my account available if I run into a situation where only PayPal is accepted. My contacting the Community is because there’s no way to contact PayPal and ask them to Unsubscribe my email address from the useless, monthly “statements” when I don’t use the service. This is the 3rd time I’m trying to get the emails to stop. The only way I can do that is to close my account and I don’t want to do that in case that’s all a seller will accept. So I can’t give you a transaction #, date and amount because I rarely use the service and this isn’t about a particular transaction. If you want to know why I don’t use PayPal, that’s another issue and I’ll explain why: I used PayPal and my card was denied. I tried again and it was denied again. I gave up and used my credit card. The next month, PayPal had indeed taken the payment both times, plus my credit card took it the one time I used it for that payment, meaning I’d been billed and the seller was paid three times. That was several years ago, and it was eventually corrected, so you needn’t worry about that. But that’s why I don’t use PayPal unless that’s all a seller will take. So – can you get the statement emails to stop? Every time one comes in, it reminds me of that event and the stress of getting it corrected and I don’t need those negative thoughts in my head. If not, I can close my PayPal account and be done with it, and not use companies that only accept PayPal. Please let me know. I just want the statement and all other emails from PayPal (change in terms emails is fine, for they don’t come that often) to stop.

----------------

Hi Rube! My name is Christine from PayPal Messaging. I'll be happy to assist you today. I appreciate bringing this up to our attention. To better assist you, please reply to us with the following details:

• Transaction ID
  • Date of transaction
  • Amount of transaction

After we receive your response, we will be more than happy to look into this transaction and resolve any concerns you may have. Feel free to reply whenever you're ready and we'll reply as soon as we can

8:44 PM

Christine

------------

How can I stop getting monthly statement emails when I don't use PayPal, but want to keep my account available if I run into a situation where only PayPal is accepted?

How do I unsubscribe to monthly statement emails? I can't find a way. And I had to create a 2nd account so I could ask this question and I'm sure I'll be back to ask how to delete the second account because they're sending the emails to it instead! this needs to stop!

(Sent as reply to email.)

Me: I almost never use PayPal (just when there’s no other payment option), but can't find an Unsubscribe link so I don't get monthly statements. Where can I do that?

----------

PayPal assistant: If you haven't already, let us know why you're contacting us. Feel free to step away and we'll notify you by email or push notification when we've responded.

-----------

Me: It's in the question above. Send link to my email address - or just delete this address from your automatic messaging system. Thanks.

I can't leave the Internet on - it costs money. Send answer to the email in my message!

--------

Immediate email response:

Help is here,
‌just not in this email.

Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to inquiries sent to this address. Just jump over to Help Center or click "Help" located on any of our pages.

---------

Can’t find a way to contact them other than useless PayPal Assistant chat box.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.