How do I stop payment

lmstigler
New Community Member

I had $39.99 removed from my account this morning from some company called Sooya Technology Limited, tried sending them a e-mail but it does not exsist. They took my money and i want it back! Right now, it is in the pending status, so what can I do to prevent these unknown people from taking my money>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lmstigler 

Click on the pending transaction. If it says it’s a temporary authorization, only the merchant is able to cancel or void the authorization at this point in time, up to the first 30 days from date of payment (sorry, payment processing industry standard), therefore the transaction must update to Completed status before you are able to dispute it through the Resolution Center or click the Report a problem link, in the transaction details.

If the merchant does not capture payment within the next 3 to 30 days, thus the transaction remains in Pending status, the authorization will eventually expire and drop off on it’s own making the funds held in reserve for the purchase available for use again. 

If the transaction remains pending beyond 30 days in PayPal, you may then contact PayPal asking them to void the authorization for you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.