How do I remove an "order" from the to-be-shipped list?

dkossy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi -- Recently a friend sent me a payment which was NOT for goods to be shipped. Since she forgot to click on "payment to a friend," it is now showing up as an "order" to be "shipped." There is nothing to ship. I'm finding it impossible to remove this "order" from the list of orders to be shipped. Does anyone know how to remove it from the list? It seems like the only option they give you is to refund, and that is absolutely NOT what I want to do.

Thanks

Donna K.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dkossy 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. They can validate the tracking information online, so once it is delivered they can release the funds. IF you have received the funds for a service / virtual or digital sale or no tracking number is applicable Paypal (as it was sent using goods/services by mistake) then Paypal would be unable to release the funds any sooner than 21 days.

However If you mark the transaction as processed then the sender may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the sender confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, funds may be released sooner ie 7 days after the sender verifies receipt. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dkossy
Contributor
Contributor

This isn't about releasing funds. I have the funds. It was a private payment, not for any goods or services. I just want to remove it from the list of "orders" I'm supposed to ship. The person who sent the payment is not adept with online stuff and Paypal so I don't want to ask her to do anything on her end. I just want to remove the "order" from the list, because it is annoying.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dkossy 

Are the funds on 'hold' then or not?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dkossy
Contributor
Contributor

No, the funds are NOT on hold. Never said they were. (Please read my original question. Thanks!)

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dkossy 

ok, sorry I misunderstood, bye then.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @dkossy,

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry for any confusion. The information @kernowlass gave in the first reply about marking the order as delivered should hold true whether the funds are on hold or not. If this does not work, please reach out to customer service for troubleshooting. You can find your contact options by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.