How do I inform Paypal of immediate delivery NFT purchases to prevent holds for every transaction?

ChelseaDagger
Contributor
Contributor

How do I inform Paypal of immediate delivery NFT purchases to prevent holds for every transaction? Panini Direct has NFT Sports cards that can be purchased and sold on their platform. I had a transaction held and was asked to provide Shipping information. There is no physical carrier. I would like to contact Paypal to use this transaction as an example of one that should be allowed with out hold as myself and others will be completing auctions or Gallery sales of NFT Sports cards. Transaction should not be flagged as suspicious... Understand it was done for my protection. I want to provide assistance in resolving for community of users. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChelseaDagger 

NFTs are high risk/high value, if not suspicious. Keep in mind that Art, media, antiques, or collectibles, in physical or digital form, as represented by a Non-Fungible Token (NFT), with a transaction amount of more than $10,000 USD or equivalent value in local currency as calculated at the time of the transaction are ineligible for PayPal seller protection.

There are two methods to release money sooner, depending on what you see on your screen:

Method 1:

Recipient has to change the order status or add tracking: 

1. Go to Activity
  2. Find the transaction to update, then click Get your money
  3. *If you sold a product, select Product to add tracking information or print shipping label directly. 
  4. **For received payments that do not require shipping, selling an intangible item or service, select Service or virtual product to confirm order status. 
  5. Click Submit

*Use one of our approved shipping carriers and we’ll release the hold 24 hours after the courier confirmed delivery to the buyer’s address.

**Recipient will get their money
7 days after confirming the order status as Completed.

Method 2:

If there are no issues with the transactions such as disputes, claims or chargebacks, the funds should typically be released within 21 days from the date of payment.

In some markets, the transaction can be marked as "shipped" or "processed" to gain earlier access to the funds.

Here's how to mark your item as “shipped” or “Processed” in the Transaction details:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Go to Activity page,
  3. Click the transaction to update.
  4. Click “Add tracking info” button.
  5. Click the Order Status menu and select “Processed”  or “Completed” if physical shipping is not required.

Then, after 48 hrs of doing either methods above, ask Sender to ‘confirm receipt’ when the option is available, here’s how:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

This hold happens if:

- sender forget to select friends and family option when they pay

- sender cannot send a friends and family payment, only goods and services payment.

- immediate release amount has been exceeded for the month

- your account is new at receiving goods and services payments

- haven’t received payments in a long time or unusual activity for your account

- because PayPal detects high value or highly risky transactions

- change in products/services being sold

- received numerous complaints, disputes from customers or other users

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChelseaDagger 

NFTs are high risk/high value, if not suspicious. Keep in mind that Art, media, antiques, or collectibles, in physical or digital form, as represented by a Non-Fungible Token (NFT), with a transaction amount of more than $10,000 USD or equivalent value in local currency as calculated at the time of the transaction are ineligible for PayPal seller protection.

There are two methods to release money sooner, depending on what you see on your screen:

Method 1:

Recipient has to change the order status or add tracking: 

1. Go to Activity
  2. Find the transaction to update, then click Get your money
  3. *If you sold a product, select Product to add tracking information or print shipping label directly. 
  4. **For received payments that do not require shipping, selling an intangible item or service, select Service or virtual product to confirm order status. 
  5. Click Submit

*Use one of our approved shipping carriers and we’ll release the hold 24 hours after the courier confirmed delivery to the buyer’s address.

**Recipient will get their money
7 days after confirming the order status as Completed.

Method 2:

If there are no issues with the transactions such as disputes, claims or chargebacks, the funds should typically be released within 21 days from the date of payment.

In some markets, the transaction can be marked as "shipped" or "processed" to gain earlier access to the funds.

Here's how to mark your item as “shipped” or “Processed” in the Transaction details:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Go to Activity page,
  3. Click the transaction to update.
  4. Click “Add tracking info” button.
  5. Click the Order Status menu and select “Processed”  or “Completed” if physical shipping is not required.

Then, after 48 hrs of doing either methods above, ask Sender to ‘confirm receipt’ when the option is available, here’s how:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

This hold happens if:

- sender forget to select friends and family option when they pay

- sender cannot send a friends and family payment, only goods and services payment.

- immediate release amount has been exceeded for the month

- your account is new at receiving goods and services payments

- haven’t received payments in a long time or unusual activity for your account

- because PayPal detects high value or highly risky transactions

- change in products/services being sold

- received numerous complaints, disputes from customers or other users

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.