How do I claim payment after adding my personal email address to my PayPal business account?

fulleramix
New Community Member

My personal email was associated with my Shopify store. After a customer placed an order, I received an email in my personal email account stating the following:

To claim your payment, you'll need to sign up for a PayPal Business account. It's fast and easy, and there are no set-up or monthly fees – only low transaction fees.

Go to PayPal and follow the instructions for creating a Business account. After you sign up, this payment will be accepted and we will send you an email confirmation.

Already have a PayPal Business account?

Was this payment sent to an address that isn't linked to your account? To claim this payment, log in to your PayPal account, click Profile, and add this email address to your account.

After you add this email address to your PayPal account, this payment will be accepted and we will send you an email confirmation.

Following receipt of this email, I set up a PayPal business account with my business email address and added my personal email address to the PayPal business account. However, payment was not accepted and I have not received an email confirmation as indicated by the email above. The payment is still showing as "pending" in Shopify. 

What can I do to get the payment processed at this point? Can payment be processed and accepted without canceling the order? 

Many thanks in advance for any help. 

Regards,

Steve

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fulleramix 

Did you also confirm the personal email address added to the business account?

You must add AND confirm the email addresses added.

Some people may forget to confirm the email address through email PayPal sends to your email account.

After that finish set up of your PayPal account (the personal email address) to store.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.