How do I change status on payment from Service to Friend?

SteveCTexas
Contributor
Contributor

how do I change the status on someone I am sending money to from a service to a friend? When I first sent them payment a couple of months ago I incorrectly hit service so they are getting hit with a fee when it is a friend I am sending to. How do I change it back? There appears to be no link to change it back unlike when sending to a friend and it allows you to change that status.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SteveCTexas 

There is no way to change payment type after payment is sent/completed. Recipient has to issue a refund. It is free to refund by clicking the transaction and click “Refund this payment” but the fees originally paid is not refunded. And then you can resend payment as friends and family.

Same with a friends and family payment. If you sent payment already and want to change it to a services payment, the recipient has to refund payment or you cancel payment if the cancel link is available and then you send payment again with correct payment type.

The payment type can be changed before finalizing payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

SteveCTexas
Contributor
Contributor

I am referring to the next time I send them money? It won't let me select family & friends. How do I change it for future payments?

Login to Me Too

kitsutherlandga
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. I use PP for gifts to friends. Need to restore that status. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.