How do I change a payment from shipping to service or virtual product?
I recently got a PayPal Business account for my online teaching business. I offer a service and not a product that needs to be shipped. I paid myself twice using my personal paypal account to test how everything works for my students and to figure out how much the conversion fee would be.
I have two payments in my "Activity" tab now, but they're on hold for 21 days. I got this reason and I understand it:
Why your money is on hold
- You’re new to PayPal, or we have limited selling history on this account.
How to access your money sooner
- Process 8 more payments for goods and services.
- Process $176,45 USD more in sales.
- Have no disputes for 56 more days.
BUT what I don't understand is that those payments are on shipping for some reason. It needs to always be a virtual service so how do I change it to that because these steps aren't working:
Here's how to add tracking information or update an order status:
- Go to your Activity.
- Choose “All Transactions.”
- Find the purchase you want to update, then click Get your money. If you sold a product, choose “Product” to add tracking information or print a shipping label. If you sold an intangible item or service, choose “Service or virtual product” to update the order status. You can update the order status to Completed, Pending, or Canceled.
- Click Submit.
ALL I have to choose is "Add tracking", "refund", or "archive", I can't change it to "service or virtual product". I don't want to annoy my students with this either, whenever they pay it should be quick and easy without me needing to say order shipped (I'm not shipping anything???) and then them marking received on their side.
I tried to get through to customer support, but it's impossible and so difficult to reach PayPal, does anyone have a solution for this?
Hello @Brianlux and everyone,
Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I can understand how payment holds can be a bit frustrating when you're unable to have them released as expected. If the steps in this Payment Holds article don't help, I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page, through Facebook PM, or through Twitter DM.
I hope they're able to help!
- Jon K
If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Refund to buyer. Item not returned in Security and Fraud
- Created investigation on somebody in Security and Fraud
- Dispute for Item being different, seller wants me to return at my own expense in Reporting
- How can I make a complaint on the resolution part? in Security and Fraud
- Pending payments- how to mark service/ virtual product? in Transactions