How can the buyer confirm receipt of receiving goods?

Temp20230525D
New Community Member

I've sold some items on Facebook and have been paid into my PayPal account. The funds are on hold until the items are received - they have been received, but there's no way for my buyer to confirm this so my funds can be released. How can a buyer confirm receipt of goods? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230525D wrote:

I've sold some items on Facebook and have been paid into my PayPal account. The funds are on hold until the items are received - they have been received, but there's no way for my buyer to confirm this so my funds can be released. How can a buyer confirm receipt of goods? 

If you uploaded shipment tracking info to the payment, once PayPal can confirm delivery through tracking, it will release the funds based on that. After the payment hold is released, it may take until midnight (but it's usually sooner) for the funds to appear in your account.

The buyer has to log on to their PayPal account and locate the transaction details to see if there is a confirm button. Another way if you haven't add tracking is to locate the transaction, click Add Tracking and update the Order Status. Then the buyer can go to the transaction on their end to confirm. This feature may not be available in all countries.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230525D wrote:

If you uploaded shipment tracking info to the payment, once PayPal can confirm delivery through tracking, it will release the funds based on that. After the payment hold is released, it may take until midnight (but it's usually sooner) for the funds to appear in your account.

The buyer has to log on to their PayPal account and locate the transaction details to see if there is a confirm button. Another way if you haven't add tracking is to locate the transaction, click Add Tracking and update the Order Status. Then the buyer can go to the transaction on their end to confirm. This feature may not be available in all countries.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Apegray1
New Community Member
Did this work for you? I'm having the same problem and my money is on hold
Login to Me Too

Patch0213
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem and I already tried adding tracking info using the button under the "print ...(i forgot, I think its "slip packaging?)" I did this many times yet an "Add tracking info" still appears on the upper tab (the one that appears if you don't click the more info button). Whenever I'll try to add tracking info using that, it always direct me to, "We are experiencing technical difficulties Sorry for the inconvenience" without fail. I wonder if my location is the one influencing this. I'm from the Philippines btw.
Login to Me Too

Cycyy
Same problem omg!! How did you handle it pleaseee
Login to Me Too

papercrayco
Contributor
Contributor
how long did yiu wait before your fund released?
Login to Me Too

dkdelrey
What if the item sold was given to the customer immediately and does not require shipping? My roommate was attempting to pay rent so there is no physical item. Is there a way she can confirm on her end (the buyer) without tracking info on my end (the seller)? She doesn’t have an email from PayPal or anything on her end to confirm this transaction. Please help!
Login to Me Too

_Joseph_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@dkdelrey 

Yes, your roommte needs to to follow the steps below.

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all purchases require receipt confirmation.

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

JB_Building_Co
New Community Member

What do I do if the it does not give the customer to confirm the receipt? Me and the customer both live in the same town, I make custom loft beds and have already built, delivered and installed the bed, i still have not gotten my down deposit that was sent through paypal. Poor lady had to go to the bank to get me cash for the rest that was owed after installation.

Login to Me Too

rmrustria
New Community Member
Hi, what do you mean by this? I have this situation, I got paid via PayPal for a logo i made. Upon holding my fund, I marked that the payment was for a service, and not for goods. Does the buyer/client receive a confirm button for a service he/she paid? Or is that only for goods (tangible items). Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.