How can I top up my PayPal account if there is a reference number issue?

vpl
Contributor
Contributor
Hi team, hopefully I used the correct category and label for my question. As it states, I'm trying to add funds to my PayPal account from my bank account. My bank account is already linked to PayPal. When I clicked "Automatic Top Up" on Paypal, it gives me the info to provide to my bank so I can add funds to PayPal. In that info there's a 4 digit reference number, the issue is that when I enter that reference number in my bank so I can transfer funds to PayPal, I can't continue because my bank asks for a 6 digit reference number. The automatic reference number provided by my bank is the date. How can I ensure that I make my transfer and will receive the funds to my PayPal account? Thanks!!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Iris

Hello @vpl,

Welcome to PayPal Community! I understand that you are having issues using the Top Up feature. In situations where the reference number does not match up with the number provided by PayPal, kindly communicate with your bank for further assistance on how to input the digits supplied. 

If you continue to have issues, you can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact and then Message Us (when available) at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Contact Us

Twitter Direct Message

Facebook Instant Message

I hope this helps!

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.