How can I set to always pay for a transaction in the currency that the vendor is selling in?

johny3172
Contributor
Contributor

How can I set to always pay for a transaction in the currency that the vendor is selling in?

Paypal charged my Curve card in GBP when I had the card in Curve set up in a different currency. WHY??? Why Paypal must be always more clever than anyone else and mess up everything??

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Marina

Hi @johny3172,

Thank you for posting your question in the Community. I'm sorry for the frustration this situation has caused. You can select which currency conversion option you would like us to use before completing the payment. Here's more information from our Help Center to guide you through that process:

How do I use my credit card to pay in a foreign currency through PayPal?

I hope this helps!

- Marina

Login to Me Too

johny3172
Contributor
Contributor
Dear Marina, thank you for your response. No. I am not looking to manually select each time what kind of currency I want to use my card payment to go through. I am looking to set my PayPal account to always charge my card in the currency of the merchant. If I receive a payment request in HUF I want PayPal to charge my card in HUF. Not charging my card in the currency according to where the card was issued or where I live. Apparently I can request this setting from PayPal. (What I cannot understand why this cannot be set up by myself?)
Login to Me Too

johny3172
Contributor
Contributor
I use Curve card and received this message from them: “You can change your PayPal settings to always bill you in the currency that the vendor is selling in. Please contact PayPal support for assistance in doing this.“ Can you do this for me please?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.