How can I make payment without a credit card

xiajiyuji
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have a credit card, and have already linked my Bank debit card in PayPal, but the PayPal app is prompting me to bind a credit card in order to make payments. Even if I transfer money to PayPal, I still cannot make payments. What should I do? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_JonK

Hello @xiajiyuji

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues making a payment recently. I can understand how frustrating that must be. Have you tried confirming your bank debit card yet? If not, here's a Help Center article you may find useful: How do I confirm my Card?

If you're still running into issues after that, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support teams for assistance. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

xiajiyuji
Contributor
Contributor

xiajiyuji_0-1679845002836.jpeg

@PayPal_JonK Thank you very much for your reply. As the picture shows, I have confirmed my bank debit card, but still need to add credit card to use paypal, how can I solve this problem? Thank you!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @xiajiyuji,

I understand that would be upsetting! It looks like there is a step which is yet to be completed based on the screenshot. Each time you try to initiate a transaction it goes through a series of filter to find a possible risk. If the system deems a risk, it might temporarily block the activity or limit the payment options. It is possible that you're not able to fund the payment with your bank account due to unsolved step in your account. I suggest you to complete all the steps listed in the screenshot and then try to initiate the transactions. If the issue persists, please try again at a later date by clearing cache and cookies from your browser or try to use a different browser or device. 

I hope this works, 

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

xiajiyuji
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Bindu As you said, there is still one step I haven't completed. This is actually my original question - I don't have a credit card, only a debit card. How can I use PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.