How accurate is estimated date of arrival on PayPal

thegracegodwin
New Community Member
A payment was made to me, in the process of sending it to my account I mistakenly sent it back to the sender. The sender refunded it immediately but now PayPal has held it and gave me an estimated date of January 14 for it to arrive.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @thegracegodwin,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your post!

I understand your concern about pending refund in your account. If your refund status is pending, it means the sender issued the refund using money from their bank and the payment was processed as an eCheck which has not cleared yet. The estimated date is only an indication, as clearing time frames may vary depending on the sender's bank. 

Similar to physical checks, it takes time for an eCheck to clear the bank, and PayPal has to wait right alongside our customers for an eCheck to clear. As soon as it clears, we'll deposit the money into your PayPal account. 

I hope this information helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.