Hold payment

Scott213
Contributor
Contributor
I have received a payment from a buyer but it's on hold. Can a buyer somehow cancel his payment while it's on hold in my paypal account? Its saying funds will be released 1 day after the seller receives the item but then says the buyer needs to confirm he has recieved the item before the funds are released??? I'm confused because what happens if the buyer says he hasnt received the item when he has? Then my funds wont be released??? Please help thank you.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Scott213 

Read the link for information on the new seller hold.
/www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. They can validate the tracking information online, so once it is delivered they can release the funds. IF you have received the funds for a service / virtual or digital sale or no tracking number is applicable Paypal would be unable to release the funds any sooner than 21 days.

However If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer or sender may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer or sender confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, funds may be released sooner ie 7 days after the buyer or sender verifies receipt. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Scott213
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply can the buyer cancel the payment though when ever they want? Or when they have received the item cancel there payment??
Login to Me Too

Scott213
Contributor
Contributor
So once hold paymets are in my paypal account they are safe and cant be cancelled???
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Scott213 

Suggest you read paypals seller protection policy so you can risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.