Hold amount on linked debit card

iamjohnrex
Contributor
Contributor

Last July 4th, I have made a transaction to a web hosting service. I then used the linked debit card to pay the amount. I was told by the web hosting company that it's a hold amount, not an actual charge. However, up to this writing, it never returned to my card.

I contacted the merchant, said they don't have a way to return it since it's my bank's, I then contacted my bank and was told it's a valid purchase. So to whom should I ask for it? President Biden? 😄

But seriously, a held amount should be returned, right? Is it PayPal's responsibility to process the return?

I'm running in circles here. Can someone with the same concern advise me on what to do? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Celeste

Hi there @iamjohnrex,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear the hold hasn't been released to you yet. Depending on the status of the payment, you may have a few options to sort this out. Here's a great Help Center article with more information on What the Status of a Payment Means. For further assistance, I'd recommend getting in touch with our customer support team. Support can be reached by selecting Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page, through Facebook Private Message, or Twitter Direct Message. I hope this can be sorted out soon!

Take care,

- Celeste

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.