Help!, stuck in a 72hr withdrawal Loop, considering Legal action

GuyFoxcroft
Contributor
Contributor

Help!, i have had £939, in my account for the past 2 weeks, everytime i attempt a withdrawal to my bank i get an error message and when i contact customer support im told to wait 72hours before attempting another withdrawal, this has happened 4 times so far, i need this money in my bank, paypal is the most ridiculous website there is, i just waited 74 hours before making another attempt while on the phone to customer support, with them assuring me the 72hr hold is gone and im free to withdraw, and guess what happened, another security lock, this feels illegal, paypal have put me in a loop of never being able to withdraw MY money, 21st August at exactly 1pm is when the hold should be gone, lets wait and see…

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GuyFoxcroft 

Have you withdrawn funds before?
Are you withdrawing to a bank account or debit card?
What error message are you getting?
Have you verified / confirmed your bank account?
Are the funds cleared and not pending?
Are the funds in your countries currency?
Is the bank account in exactly the same name as your paypal account name?
Is any debit cards billing address the same as your paypal account address?
Have you tried another browser / cleared your history/cache?
Have you tried withdrawing to the app?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GuyFoxcroft
Contributor
Contributor
Have you withdrawn funds before? Yes i have Are you withdrawing to a bank account or debit card? Tried both after each 72hr hold What error message are you getting? Unable to complete this transaction Have you verified / confirmed your bank account? Yes Are the funds cleared and not pending? yep they are in my balance not pending Are the funds in your countries currency? Yep Is the bank account in exactly the same name as your paypal account name? Yep Is any debit cards billing address the same as your paypal account address? Yep Have you tried another browser / cleared your history/cache? Yeah, fire fox, safari, google Have you tried withdrawing to the app? Yep
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Thanks @kernowlass for your assistance here. We appreciate it!

@GuyFoxcroft, I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues transferring funds to your bank or debit card. Thank you for all that information. At this point, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Best wishes on your transfer,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

GuyFoxcroft
Contributor
Contributor
hi Jon, i have already done this, i contacted customer support through the phone and online messaging service, each time i am told to wait a maximum of 72hrs before making a withdrawal attempt, and guess what happens after, error message. now imagine if this money i had was for bills or another urgent matter, all i can do is keep waiting and hopefully my money withdraws
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.