Help, account is limited and need to transfer money

thepamphoto
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Paypal community,

I've been trying to solve this problem for years. I've even called Paypal and have received no concrete answer or help.

At the moment I have 2 Paypal accounts, one of which stopped working (Account B) and I can't make any payments or send any money with it as it has been limited. To make it easier to understand Account A works and Account B doesn't.
I can't make payments on account B, even though there is money in this account. Account B was created back in my home country years ago but I have since moved to a different country and live here for years. In the beginning, Account B worked just fine but soon PayPal started asking me for my phone number, and address, and also to confirm my identity via Passport/ID and a water payment (or something similar) containing my name in it. Some of this information was easy and I provided Paypal with it BUT since Account B was created in another country it won't allow me to type in information like my current address (as this address is in the new country I live in). I've tried to find where to change my location to insert my current information into Account B but haven't found any place to do so. So now I'm stuck, my money is stuck. I can't provide my current phone number because the local code of Account B is in the previous country and I can't seem to change it to my new country to confirm my identity, same thing with the address. It won't accept my postal code because it is the postal code of the new country and not the previous country I lived in where Account B was created. I no longer live in the country Account B was created in so I no longer process an address, or phone number, let alone a water payment made in the last 30 days in said country.

Currently, I just want to delete Account B, but since there is still money in it I was hoping to transfer this money to Account A (created in my current country of residence and works just fine). BUT Account B doesn't allow me to send payments because I haven't "confirmed my identity" with an address or water payment, or phone number, which I can't do because I no longer live in the country where Account B was originally created. HELP! I just want to send the money in Account B to Account A (which works and Identity has been confirmed) to finally close Account B.

Can Anyone please help me, I have tried to resolve this problem for the 3-4 years and nothing seemed to work. I have even tried buying objects on Amazon or other shops but Account B is blocked due to my identity not being "confirmed".

I would appreciate any help I can get to finally resolve this problem. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thepamphoto 

Account B was created back in my home country years ago but I have since moved to a different country and live here for years.”

This is the problem. You’ll have to have credentials based in your home country still to resolve the limitation. If you can’t because you moved, you can’t verify you are owner. You should not have received payment with Account B after you moved out for good. PayPal accounts are “country specific”. You cannot add Country B info to Account A!

For you to resolve, you’ll have to establish a temporary residency in your home country. Use the info to verify identity/billing address, once approved and the account is restored to normal standing then you can send the money to your Account A and then close Account B.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thepamphoto 

Account B was created back in my home country years ago but I have since moved to a different country and live here for years.”

This is the problem. You’ll have to have credentials based in your home country still to resolve the limitation. If you can’t because you moved, you can’t verify you are owner. You should not have received payment with Account B after you moved out for good. PayPal accounts are “country specific”. You cannot add Country B info to Account A!

For you to resolve, you’ll have to establish a temporary residency in your home country. Use the info to verify identity/billing address, once approved and the account is restored to normal standing then you can send the money to your Account A and then close Account B.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

thepamphoto
Contributor
Contributor

Oh god, I see. Maybe I can do this at some point when I visit Family or so.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your answer, it really helped! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.