Help!!!!! Can't add PayPal to Google Play

Miguelsernau00
Contributor
Contributor

Something went wrong. There was an issue adding your PayPal account because the payment method selected on PayPal was invalid. Please update the payment method with PayPal or select a different form of payment. [OR-PPEH-03]

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

TrinityCX
New Community Member
What if you do not have a card? Anything I can do to fix it?
Login to Me Too

HansEW
Contributor
Contributor

I'm thinking this might actually be a google problem - after all, the lack of the Add Pay Pal option is on google's play store...

They likely want to make money off of potential currency conversion, so they're cutting out PayPal regardless of whether or not currency is converted or not.

Login to Me Too

Star_X_Gazer
Contributor
Contributor

Not everyone has a card, dude. That is why we are here in the first place.

We need a better solution.

Login to Me Too

lhoffman
New Community Member

This solution doesn't work.  My paypal account works for everything else I use it for.  Just not Google.

So annoying.

Login to Me Too

AmeylaMoneir
Contributor
Contributor

This still does not help people who have no creditcards that are listed on paypal.

Login to Me Too

Amanoma
New Community Member

I don't know what Miguel is saying, but what we're talking about here is HOW TO CONNECT PAYPAL TO GOOGLE PLAY, NOT How to connect a freakin Credit Card to Google Play.... are you a freaking retard, mate?

Login to Me Too

noitk
Contributor
Contributor

I did not see "add Paypal" any where in my G pay16-41-11.jpg2019-07-17 16-39-18.jpg

Login to Me Too

Danef87
Contributor
Contributor
This is NOT a solution. This is another option
Login to Me Too

sbhullar
Contributor
Contributor
Got mine fixed after hours of searching and trial and error. I received 2 error messages on 2 different devices: 1) 'Uh oh. There was a problem. Transaction declined: invalid payment method. Learn more [OR-IMIRA-02]' - on computer 2) [OR-CAC-01] - on mobile I tried... 1) Logging into google play account and adding paypal via a computer - FAILED 2) Adding a paid app, then trying to add paypal payment method through the app - FAILED 3) Updated my Paypal account with a valid credit card, previous ones had all expired - FAILED 4) Added my google play email address to Paypal - FAILED 5) Contacted Paypal chat messaging - FAILED- but they did confirm there were no restrictions on my account and problem lied with Google Play 6) Contacted Google Play chat messaging - RESOLVED Google play chat can be contacted through 'contact us' at bottom of following page: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1061913?hl=en&ref_topic=3364264 Initially they kept saying they had checked their system the problem lied with Paypal. I then kept cutting and pasting the Paypal responses which confirmed the issue was with the merchant: Google Play. I kept insisting there were restrictions on my account to Google Play account. They kept responding with 'I would like to request to place you on hold again for 3-5 minutes to consult our concern to our relevant team.' After saying I had tried all of the above steps they kept escalating it and discovered there was a restriction on the account that the initial chat representative was not privy to. The restriction had been lifted whilst still in chat- it works now! Note: I did have Paypal attached before. I deleted my Google Pay profile to use Samsung pay, but then reverted back to Google Pay. On restarting Google Pay I encountered this issue of not being able to re-attach my Paypal account- I think that's possibly why in my case a restriction existed. No one can confirm why it was there though, but I assume it was extra security measure. Hope my experience helps someone- I know how frustrating it can be.
Login to Me Too

MegMajic

Just wanted to say in Sep 2020 this still works!!! Finally can cash in!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.