Hello from Malawi! Issue transferring money to debit account

Dzuwa
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!
I tried to transfer money to my debit account. Transaction failed x2 (16 Mar). Re-entered my card details. Tried to transfer again x2 (17 Mar). No luck. 
Last successful transfer was 1st Mar. Before that 29th Jan. I have used PayPal for over 18 months.
Contacted my bank. My account is okay.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Failed Transaction MessageFailed Transaction Message

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dzuwa 

Read this link as you are in one of the affected countries.
https://www.paypal.com/al/webapps/mpp/ua/recpymt-full?locale.x=en_AL

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dzuwa 

Read this link as you are in one of the affected countries.
https://www.paypal.com/al/webapps/mpp/ua/recpymt-full?locale.x=en_AL

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dzuwa
Contributor
Contributor
Hello @kernowlass, thanks for replying. I have read the article. I have additional questions. The funds are shown as available presently. Does PayPal notify users when someone is placed on a hold and/or when someone is removed from a hold? I have not tried to transfer the funds since Mar 17. I am waiting for 48 hours to pass. I read somewhere that is a security scan that sometimes affects "good" clients.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Dzuwa and @kernowlass,

Thanks for stopping by and posting in the Community! 

I understand you're having difficulty withdrawing, @Dzuwa. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. The article @kernowlass provided earlier outlines how transfers work in Malawi. Thank you for responding with it, @kernowlass

Transfers will take place automatically around the beginning of each month. If you receive a payment hold separate from this automatic process, you will receive an email and a notification within your PayPal account. You can learn more about why holds are placed and how to lift them on our Help Center by clicking either of my included hyperlinks. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Dzuwa
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @PayPal_Meghan ,

Thank you very much for replying! I suspect the funds are on hold due to an unusual increase in payments into my account. Sadly, I was not notified of the hold. I just saw the error message.
I have read both articles. The second article on how to lift the hold does not offer a clear solution because I am a freelancer on Upwork. I transfer money after the 5-day hold on Upwork.
I read all the instructions, but I don't have the "Update the order status" button in my Activity to action the instructions e.g., www.paypal.com/mw/smarthelp/article/faq3222. I only have "Print details" button for each of my transactions.

Besides the Community forum, I contacted Agents via Facebook twice last week. On the first time, I was told to wait for 48 hours due a trigger in the system security after the failed transfer on Mar 17. The second time I contacted them he said to contact an Agent via Message Center.
I managed to connect with an Agent last Friday. She informed me that my bank was rejecting the transfer. On Monday, I checked with my bank, and they said that they don't get involved with money coming into the country. My bank account is okay. I have tried to contact an Agent to share my findings, but I have had no luck connecting with someone. I am very confused. I have read multiple articles, but I can't action them in my account. 

I have Upwork certificates to prove my earnings. Whom can I send the PDF to? Is there an email address?

Please help. I am completely stuck (Sorry for the long story 😊 ). Have a good day.

Kind regards,

Dzuwa

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Dzuwa

Thanks for reaching back out to me with more details. 

I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive a notification from PayPal about a payment hold and that your experience with Customer Support hasn't turned out favorably. If Upwork and not PayPal placed the payment hold, you might only receive the notification from Upwork. Holds placed by the sender, such as Upwork, can only be lifted by them, which could be why the options are not showing. If the payment hold is still active on the account, that can prevent you from being able to withdraw. Additionally, not all payment holds are eligible to be released early. If our Security System has determined that there's a higher-than-average risk regarding the transaction, the payment may be held for the full 21 days. This doesn't mean you did anything wrong; holds are placed to ensure the security of you, the buyer, and PayPal.  

For further assistance investigating your withdrawal issue and hold, you can contact Customer Support on Twitter by sending DM to @AskPayPal or a PM on Facebook by going to facebook.com/PayPal. Support may also be reached by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. 

Have a wonderful rest of your week! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.