Hello Everyone, I need a kind of help here.

BonDragon
New Community Member

I am a new seller in online business and its been 6 month and PayPal is asking for Tax ID Number. So, I don't know how much tax I have to Pay? Like how much percentage% I have to Pay of my Sell Revenue?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BonDragon 

PayPal ask for tax ID to report your transactions to the IRS and sends you the 1099-K form early next year to do your taxes for 2021 of total goods and services payments received, if you meet the reporting thresholds. You may be allowed to deduct any applicable refunds, expenses, fees, self employment taxes, etc from the total and that will be your taxable income from PayPal and same for any other third party payment processors you use besides PayPal.

PayPal does not charge or do taxes for you so, no one knows how much taxes you will pay exactly.

Please consult tax advisor to figure this out.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BonDragon 

PayPal ask for tax ID to report your transactions to the IRS and sends you the 1099-K form early next year to do your taxes for 2021 of total goods and services payments received, if you meet the reporting thresholds. You may be allowed to deduct any applicable refunds, expenses, fees, self employment taxes, etc from the total and that will be your taxable income from PayPal and same for any other third party payment processors you use besides PayPal.

PayPal does not charge or do taxes for you so, no one knows how much taxes you will pay exactly.

Please consult tax advisor to figure this out.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.