Haven't received a refund

Aliaasim
Contributor
Contributor
My friends transferred me 155 pounds but it wouldn't let me buy something because i just created the account so i refunded back to him and on paypal it says tue refund is completed but on his debit card the money isnt there
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aliaasim 

If they funded the original Paypal payment to you from their bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account. Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Aliaasim
Contributor
Contributor
I live in UK he gave the money to me via bank so from bank to my paypal balance then I refunded it back and after 5 days it said completed but in his bank the money isn't there
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aliaasim 

Try reading...........

If he funded the original Paypal payment to you from his bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account. Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Aliaasim
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I read it. You mentioned few days or a week do you have an estimate of how long like 4 days or 5.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aliaasim 

You said he funded it via his debit CARD so..........

Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.