Has Anyone Ever had an Agent Hang Up on You??

minarebel
Contributor
Contributor
Not sure how to LABEL Need help OF COURSE ! Been with PP since 2006. Yesterday was the 1st time I've encountered ZERO Help with an Agent. I sent an amount to a friend, only have a couple in my list, & it went to the wrong person. I am told There is Nothing I can do about this but to Ask this person though PP messaging for the amount back. Luckily it was only 45$. But it is THE PRINCIPLE. The agent was conversing with me in a Demeaning way. My mother was sitting here, she was also Shocked. While I am telling the Agent-Many people are leaving PP because of the treatment they are receiving, he Hung Up. 1) does anyone know how I can get my $ back? Isn't this what we have them for? For help in $ transactions? 2)I've worked on the phones for customer service in credit. If I hung up, I WOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED. 3) Is there a way I can report his person. Thank you in advance. People should never be talked down to or treated in such demeaning ways.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@minarebel 

Always best to check email address or number before sending funds as phone numbers especially can be recycled.

As you unfortunately sent a 'gift' payment to another person then your only real option is to reach out to them and see if they will refund it.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then see if they will help but that again is unlikely as it was not a payment for goods/services but a friends/family payment. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@minarebel 

Always best to check email address or number before sending funds as phone numbers especially can be recycled.

As you unfortunately sent a 'gift' payment to another person then your only real option is to reach out to them and see if they will refund it.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then see if they will help but that again is unlikely as it was not a payment for goods/services but a friends/family payment. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @minarebel 

Welcome back to the Community Forum and thank you for your post!

I am so sorry that your experience with our Customer Service was so poor. That's feedback we absolutely would want to look into. If you can supply any information such as the name and time of day, I will forward that feedback to the appropriate channels for investigation.

I'm also sorry that you accidentally sent the payment to the incorrect recipient. If it was indeed a friends and family payment as @kernowlass mentioned, the only course of action I can suggest would be to use the information in the payment to contact the recipient and ask them to refund the payment. I know that doesn't resolve the issue easily and I really regret that there isn't any other action I can recommend.

I hope that you are able to have a good day despite this setback!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

minarebel
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your sentiment @PayPal_Olivia. I believe in pleasing customers & we all try to help make people happy. I will be trying to find a service like PayPal's. No need for this aggravation in my life. Shame PP has declined. Again thank you.
Login to Me Too

minarebel
Contributor
Contributor
Yeas of course, to double check is best. Never had this happen before. Perhaps limit my Contacts now. My friend is listed as an email address, & one I have sent $s to for Quite a Long time now. That's why it came as a shock. Traditionally use Trusted CC for Goods & Services, but this was not - SOOOO. BUMMER. I did message them through PP messaging. Maybe try through personal. Oh well. Nice Gift. Ha ha! I Will contact my Bank & see if there is something they can do, but I highly doubt it. Thank you very much for your response.
Login to Me Too

Calmdown
New Community Member
Try to reach out to the recipient and ask him to send back the amount. It's as simple as that. If you didn't get the refund from the counterpart, open a dispute in PayPal resolution center. Locate it At the bottom of the page
Login to Me Too

minarebel
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. I have. We shall see...
Login to Me Too

JoeXF
New Community Member
Not hung up on, but I dealt with one who didn’t want to help me recover funds for an item that was not received. He was incredibly condescending and when I said maybe I could contact my credit card company directly to do a chargeback, he got super huffy, “Ha! Go ahead! Do it!” Listen— I’m a soft spoken person, but that’s when I’d had enough and told him to stop speaking to me in that manner. I was only looking for consumer advocacy, and he didn’t need to be rude. It’s a pain, but since they just aren’t the same company anymore, I am slowly extricating myself from all dealings with Paypal.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @JoeXF

Thank you for making your first post, and welcome! Thank you for sharing your experience as well. I am similarly dismayed about the impression we left you with. If you have any details about the date of the interaction and/or the name of the representative you talked to, I will pass that information on as well.

It's important to note that experiences like these are not the norm and we really do take action when they occur. It's absolutely not the foot that we want to put forward, and when it's brought to our attention that these things happen, we take appropriate steps to prevent it from happening again. No customer should be treated rudely, regardless of whether or not the requested resolution is possible. 

Again, I apologize for the experiences you had, both you and @minarebel. I really do wish to follow up on them if any information can be given to help identify when and with whom they happened.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.