HOW TO DISABLE CURRENCY CONVERSION??

svradia
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

How I can disable currency conversion on PayPal?? 

I want the transaction to go in original currency - my bank will do the conversion, if needed. 

Best Regards.

--

S

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@svradia 

Withdrawals from paypal accounts to bank accounts are always in local currency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

svradia
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

I'm not withdrawing using PayPal account. I am doing an online purchase (eg. Uber Eats). 

PayPal is doing the DCC (Dynamic  Currency Conversion) without asking me if I want. Please let me know how I can disable the DCC in my PayPal account.  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello everyone! Thanks @kernowlass for helping out on this one! 

Welcome @svradia, thank you for clarifying a bit further. Before making a payment that requires a currency conversion, you'll normally be presented with the exchange rate. If you’re using a credit card, you can choose your card issuer's exchange rate instead of ours. However, your card issuer determines the rate so we won’t be able to display it to you. Otherwise, the presented exchange rate is what will be charged for transactions using your bank or balance.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

svradia
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. And if the payment is automatic (eg. Uber Eats) - I will not be able to choose to make payment without using PayPal currency conversion. How I can procede in this case?  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi @svradia,

Unfortunately in that case it sounds like you would not be able to make a payment without using PayPal's conversion. 

My apologies again, best wishes with your future transactions!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.