Getting refund from unreachable merchant

SCRage
New Community Member

A year ago I signed up for an online service that promoted a free year subscription which would switch to a monthly payment thereafter. The year has passed and I've been unable to contact this service to cancel the subscription before I was charged as I no longer wish to utilize their services.
When I go to their website, it gets flagged by my browser as a phishing scam and when I attempt to login it doesn't recognize my email address anymore. They have no contact number or email and are ignoring my messages through their site.

They recently attempted to take the subscription fee out of a bank account through paypal but I was able to get this refunded back to me from that bank and I attempted to cancel the subscription in paypal. Now they are currently trying to take the fee out a different account linked through paypal.

I was told by that bank to contact paypal so I reported it as an unauthorised payment to paypal. Paypal denied my case and refused to refund me the money stating I'm to get in contact with this service, who are unreachable.

Where do I go from here to get a refund?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SCRage

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.