Get Paid

Ceej288
Contributor
Contributor

The "get paid" function doesn't work, how can I get back my money?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ceej288 

Get back your money from where?

A buyer?

A refund?

A dispute?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ceej288
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry about the confusion. The "pay" or "get paid" function within the PayPal app is faulty, in so far as I used the "get paid" button, I selected the sum I wanted to receive.....My bank says that I sent £34.20 (Friend) when I expected to be requesting payment. The Two separate buttons (Pay/Get Paid) are actually both of which, sending out money from my bank. As the person I was intending to request the money from might not actually be my friend, this error is in the function of the apps feature. I have asked the person who received the payment to pay me back.....but if this doesn't happen, I want my money back from PayPal as it doesn't correct this error at any stage.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Iris

Hello @Ceej288,

Welcome to PayPal Community! I understand that there was an issue with our buttons and I will do my best to assist you. If you are using our mobile app, mobile site or desktop website, you will typically have two options on two different buttons to choose from. Kindly review the "Request" or "Send" payment prior to completing the transaction. If the payment has already completed, you may be eligible to dispute the charge and receive a refund. 

What should I do if I have a problem with my PayPal purchase?

If you have any issues during the process, you can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact and then Message Us (when available) at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message.  

Message Us

Twitter Direct Message

Facebook Instant Message

I hope this helps! 

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.
Login to Me Too

Ceej288
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply, it appears that you are on the right track with recognition of the problem. In using the PayPal App only, the £ symbol/function leads the user to only two other functions "Pay" or "Get Paid", if the user selects get paid it goes on to "Request from someone new....." with your contacts and all contacts. Then and lower "More ways to get paid", such as "start a fundraiser" "share your link" "send invoice" "split the bill" These are ways to get paid, NOT pay someone even a friend. On top of the function Error, the PayPal App provided me with an email address (Data Protection Issue) of a Non-Contact of mine, to which I inadvertently Paid monies to when I was intending to Request money from. This is a PayPal error and unfortunately the Non-Contact has not returned the payment.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.