Funds withheld/asking for additional information but have no clue what

jmusic272
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I recently signed up as a freelancer online so im getting little cash here and there (sometimes from international online sites). i had signed up for this using paypal and should have received my initial check-in amount for one of the sites but then I got an email from Paypal that a payment is waiting but before they can desposit the funds they require more information. It said i need to go to the resolution centre to provide it. But when i went to the resolution centre there's nothing there. there are no cases or disputes open so im very confused why my money is being withheld. I also keep receiving notifications to change my account into a business account to accept international transfers but why would i do that when i have no business???? 

the message bot is absolutely not helping. any help appreciated.

J

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3

Done99
Contributor
Contributor
Find another provider besides PayPal
Login to Me Too

jmusic272
Contributor
Contributor

While im seriously considering it..unfortunately i cant change my payment method on the site for the next 10 working days meaning any payments coming through during this time is going to go through the same issue. It wont help me get the money im owed right now. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.