Funds pending as both request sent AND received?

IronChefMoto
Contributor
Contributor

I requested 4-5 $400+ payments for bills shared between family members.

After about the 4th request, two of those requests appear to have U- prefixes on the transaction ID, and they are marked as pending.

One of the requests appears to indicate that the funds are received (a standard transaction ID), but it's marked as pending.

The family member to whom the requests were made indicated that PayPal sent a security warning and 72 hour turnaround time for reviewing the transactions. It has now been almost 4 days.

Can anyone provide any guidance here? Are we stuck because of PayPal, my family member's bank, or both?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

IronChefMoto
Contributor
Contributor

Bumping. Turns out it was just one request that triggered this issue. Still waiting on the received funds to NOT be "pending."

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @IronChefMoto,

Welcome to our community help forum and thanks for posting here!

I do understand your concern about the pending payments in your account. When you send a money request, it will show as pending until the receiver pays it. If the receiver pays the money request, you will be notified the details of the payment via email. 

To help protect our customers, we sometimes review payments to make sure they were authorized by the account holder. While your payment is under review, it will remain unavailable to you, and in your pending PayPal balance. A payment review usually takes 24 hours, although in some cases this timeframe can extend to 48 hours. You can also learn more about status of the payments and Payment holds in our help center article. 

As it has been 4 days, I recommend you to reach out to our team by clicking the contact us option at the bottom of PayPal page or send us a message through our Twitter(@AskPayPal) and Facebook page to get this checked further. 

I hope this helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.