Funds not transferred to bank

Romero123
Contributor
Contributor

My situation is that I accidentally sent funds to a bank I no longer use. Found out it was an old bank account managed by my parents when I was younger and they still have it. After contacting my parents and getting into the account, the account does not have the funds even after paypal "finished" transferring them. It's been a couple days after the completed transfer and still no funds in the account.

What I have tried:
-Opening a case with paypal to see if they can revert back the transfer because it wasn't the bank I wanted to send to
-Removed the bank from my account to make sure it could cancel the transfer
-Making a community post but answered with vagueness 
-Called paypal and told them my situation and also not met with any answers

It's very much a frustrating time because it seems like the funds I transferred just magically disappeared and there's nothing I can do about it. The cases was closed due to "Reasons for not filing a case" but I appealed it and it's still been under review. I'm aware that funds still take time to show up in the other bank account but it's been days after the transfer was completed - There is no activity in the other bank account; no money sent in, no money sent out. 

If I have to wait a set amount of time for it to return to my paypal then I just want to be told that, I don't want anymore vague answers and the service hasn't been helpful by any means. 

I don't know what to do if the money is just "simply lost". 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.