Funds held for 3 months without a reason, even refunding them is not possible

Ben347
Contributor
Contributor

I received a small amount of money for freelance work in Dec 21th, after 3 months, the funds are still pending, contacted support 3 times, every time they give me vague responses and they close the tickets, the sender was kind enough to send me proof that the money was actually debited from his bank by paypal, the sender doesn't have a paypal account, he paid using his bank card, yet the papal support keep telling me that the funds weren't debited from the senders account even though the transaction shows both in his bank account and in my paypal account, after 3 months of struggling, this is getting really ridiculous, the support even refuses to refund back the funds to the sender so I can at least tell him to pay me by other means.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Ben347,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that you're yet to receive funds. I know how important it is to have funds at the right time. Have you received any notifications about the payment received and about the pending payment? If yes, please reach out to our customer support team, our representatives can trace the transaction with the help of the payment details mentioned in the email. If you have already reached out to us but were not able to get more details on the transaction, it is possible that the notification that you have received can be fake. Here's the help center article on how to spot and report a fake PayPal email or website and what actions to take in this type of situation.

If you feel that the sender is legit, please check the Resolution Center to see if there are any notifications about your account status and complete the unresolved steps. Since you mentioned that the sender doesn't have a PayPal account, it is not possible to send money. If the payment was debited from their bank account, it means they have directly transferred funds from their bank account and you may check your bank to see if the funds have been credited to it. If not, kindly ask them to reach out to the financial institution. If the payment was processed through any means of PayPal, the sender must have received a notification from us, you may also ask the sender to contact us with the payment details to know what has happened with payment on the account. 

Best Wishes,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Ben347
Contributor
Contributor

Now the transaction disappeared completely from the account without a trace, what is going on ? this is the missing transaction number 8LG28112RV632743C

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hi @Ben347,

Welcome back again!

I completely understand, and I would be frustrated if I were in your shoes. I'm sorry that this was such an experience for you, but I hope that we're given the opportunity to make it better. Unfortunately, we won't be able to discuss any account related information on this platform. In this case, you will need to reach out to us through the available contact options on our website. Support is also available through Facebook private messages or Twitter direct messages. I am sure that one of the representative will be glad to help you. You can even ask the sender to contact us if the payment was send through PayPal so that we can investigate further. Your understanding and patience are much appreciated in this matter.

Good Luck,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Ben347
Contributor
Contributor

Can you at least tell me if the transaction disappears from the paypal account (after pending for 3 months) means the funds are refunded to the sender ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.