Funds emergency use

Andrea0727
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, I have a friend who sent me money fo emergency purposes. But upon checking money is on hold, I don't have any shipping concern because this is heartily given due to my tight situation. I am a new PayPal account user. I haven't undergone any shipping details because I created this account for emergency purpose on my friends and relatives. How can I make the said money be visible as soon as possible since ill be needing the said money? Need help guys, thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andrea0727 

Sadly as you don't have the friends/family option in your country then all payments go as goods/services and you are subject to the new seller hold as per link below.

https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297?app...

Try marking the transaction as processed then the buyer or sender may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer or sender confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, funds may be released sooner ie 7 days after the buyer or sender verifies receipt. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Andrea0727
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your response. Appreciate it
Login to Me Too

ChuckLohn
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.   Lost my normal ATM card from my bank in Malaysia, and cannot travel there for another one so asked a friend if he can send money to me so I can at least get it in my Thai account (im in Bangkok).  But the funds are locked up and I have zero money.  And my fricking refrigerator is empty.  You know, this is actually seriously dangerous.  If I can't find some way to fix this, I could seriously die here with no money.  There needs to be some laws against allowing PayPal to lock up funds like this.  They are seriously going to kill someone.  And it may be ME if I cannot find some way to get support on this.  So far, nobody can help and I am in full panic mode.  

Login to Me Too

Rick5950
New Community Member
I am in the same situation but it was my dad who sent me money last week on the 15th and it was taken out of his bank account on the 15th but it’s still not in my account and I’ve had PayPal for two years so I don’t know what the heck is going on
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.