Friends and Family

Zuppa2020
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Why Can't I find the "Friends and Family" category for when I want to send a payment? It is not under the "send" button or anywhere.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zuppa2020 

The friends/family option is not available in every country, if you go to send and it only shows goods/services then you are in one of those countries, which I think you are.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zuppa2020 

The friends/family option is not available in every country, if you go to send and it only shows goods/services then you are in one of those countries, which I think you are.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Zuppa2020
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.

Login to Me Too

solarairhead
Contributor
Contributor

This is a worthless answer. Every single question asking why friend and family is missing they give you this pathetic and pointless answer because Paypal "advisors" don't want to tell you the truth of why they removed the friends and family option. They want to force fees on everyone. This is BS because I live in the US and I have a personal account and last month I was able to send to friends and family and now I cant and paypal refuses to help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@solarairhead 

Well if my answer is a worthless one (despite the original poster being happy with it and the answer being accurate) then feel free to start answering questions yourself. The original poster is in Saudi Arabia where the friends/family optionis not available.

They have not removed the friends/family option however quite a lot of countries can't use that option as paypal varies country to country.

The answer I gave would not apply to you as you are in a country that can use the friends/family option so there are a few different reasons why it may not be showing for you, bye then.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

WalterRacecraft
Contributor
Contributor

It seems i have lost the ability to receive funds via friends and family very recently (like starting yesterday).  I have a business account and do mostly business transactions, but use the paypal account for moving money around for, well, friends and family.  normally being reimbursed by my parents.  This option is no longer available.  i'd rather not have to pay taxes on reimbursement money.  what are my options? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WalterRacecraft 

No you would no longer have it as you have a business account and a new policy states business accounts can no longer use it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

grunionhunter53
Contributor
Contributor

I have a personal account. Why was MY option to gift money or receive gifts also removed?

Login to Me Too

Roald95
Contributor
Contributor

They've removed my option for Friends & Family completely, and I have a personal account in the US.

Login to Me Too

Roald95
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass They have removed Friends & Family option so not sure why you're saying they haven't

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.