Friend from USA can't donate to my Ukrainian account

Linux1111
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I am from Ukraine and asked my friend from USA for a small financial aid. But he can't send it to me, he got an error, here is a screenshot

8EcZFOn

He says that he not asked about "friend/family" option or so. Is it unavailable in USA?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Linux1111 

Paypal account holders in the Ukraine can now receive payments with the recent change of policy, but they are restricted to receiving only friends/family payments as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/ua/smarthelp/article/faq4646

You still can't do commercial transactions and receive goods/services payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Linux1111
Contributor
Contributor

We tried everything without success and finally i've just created new Paypal account with new mail, and right after registration i've seen button "Request money" which i never seen before. But i even not used it, i just gave new mail to my friend and he send me money in one click, which then i successfully transferred to my card. So it's clear that my current main account is somehow "broken". I've created it back in 2007 and using it 15 years in a row, it even have my Ukrainian passport verified. I REALLY not want to move to a new account, as well as maintain two accounts for sending and receiving funds. How i can escalated my request to somebody who can check and fix this problem?

Login to Me Too

user125263
Contributor
Contributor
hi what was the country of your first and second account?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.