Frequency of not updating "Shipped" to "Delivered" to continue holds

TiredofNonsense
New Community Member

Does this garbage happen to everyone or just me? I send an invoice, I get paid, the payment says hold will be released within a day of tracking showing delivery, the order gets delivered, carrier tracking shows delivered, paypal status stays "SHIPPED" and money is held 21 days. Last month it was a UPS shipped order, this month it is a FedEx, so I'm ruling out any glitch with a particular carrier.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

TiredofNonsense
New Community Member

And, just to clarify, I'm not new to using paypal and my payments aren't always held. For example, last month I shipped a $3000 order and the money was available immediately, but a $650 order was held. No rhyme or reason.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @TiredofNonsense,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your post!

I completely understand your concern about your funds on hold. Don't worry. The money still belongs to you. When you receive a goods & services payment, the funds will be held by our standard 21 days hold. Delaying funds availability is a common industry practice we implement to help ensure the secure use of PayPal by both buyers and sellers. You can often speed up the release of temporarily unavailable funds by processing your sales quickly and then providing the fulfillment details. You can find more details here : How can I release my payments on hold

In rare cases, the payment may not be released after this time. This may be because there's a higher than average risk associated with this payment. I recommend you to reach out to our team by clicking the contact us option at the bottom of PayPal page or send us a message through our Twitter(@AskPayPal) and Facebook page to get this checked further.

I hope this helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.