Flight ticket cancelled (AirEuropa) & Refund

lucaslvarela
New Community Member

Hi,

Summary: flight ticket cancelled, claim for a refund rejected by Paypal. Is there anything that I can still do via Paypal to get the refund, as the product/service has not been delivered?

Full details:

I paid by Paypal back in June this year for a round trip ticket (December/2021 & January/2022), however I got a few weeks later a message that my flights had been cancelled.

I tried to get a refund directly with AirEuropa, however I got no reasonable feedback that my refund will be provided, except a very generic email informing that they might take a long time to process my refund due to Covid -> no timeline, nothing. Thereby, I raised a claim through PayPal. After a couple of days, I escalated (as there was no response from AirEuropa). Paypal then asked for some details on the product that I had bought. A few days after I provided the details, I got an email that my claim had been denied, as per text below:

We received the claim(s) you opened on 22 October 2021.

We've reviewed the transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because our records show that the item or service associated with this transaction was delivered to you.

We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s).

I am now really dissatisfied - not only with the Airline, but also with Paypal. I attached the confirmation from the Airline that my flight had been cancelled and their response when I tried to request the refund. It's really frustrating.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards,

Lucas

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hello lucaslvarela,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

In this situation, the best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Care department. You can do this by going to the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You will then see what contact options are available to you. 

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.