Fitbit recall refund

Alister35
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all. There was a recall of the fitbit Ionic and I was notified that there is a 299USD refund that has been sent to me. I never had a PayPal account , but gave them my email address. I was told to create a PayPal account using that email and then the funds would be available. I have done so, however my PayPal account is showing a nil balance . Is there anything I still need to do for the funds to reflect ? Thanks so much

Login to Me Too
73 REPLIES 73

Shailesh76
Contributor
Contributor
I got the same problem
Login to Me Too

Hannescl
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker - have you received your refund then?

Login to Me Too

karthikster
Contributor
Contributor

I have received a PayPal link for refund of 309$ from Fitbit.

On clicking the link , I got a message saying the funds have been added to my account, but I do not see the transaction details in my account nor the funds are added to my account.

I am unable to reach the customer service also, any suggestions on what needs to be done?

Login to Me Too

WernerGroen
Contributor
Contributor

unfortunately there seem to be a few of us with this problem now.

Paypal is saying it not their problem, and so is Fitbit. so we the customer seem to be at the loss here.

VERY UPSETTING if you ask me !!

Login to Me Too

Showkatl
Contributor
Contributor

I too received email but was asked to update KYC for my PayPal account. All done but now PayPal says they wont process the amount as they will send it back to Fitbit. We need to contact fitbit to resend it. I did raise this with FitBit and they said they will get back to me after internal checking. 

Fitbitrecall contact Contact Us | Fitbit (expertinquiry.com)

Login to Me Too

karthikster
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info @Showkatl .

I have completed the KYC for my account and contacted fitbit customer service regarding the issue.

They said they would get back to me with an update.

Please do update me once you get any additional information regarding the refund.

Login to Me Too

Showkatl
Contributor
Contributor

did you receive funds yet?

Login to Me Too

Ram81kumar
Contributor
Contributor

@Showkatl Did you get the refund processed by Fitbit again?

Login to Me Too

Showkatl
Contributor
Contributor

@Ram81kumar not yet. I had a follow up call with Fitbit last week, they confirmed team is working on it and might take time. No ETA yet. As per the executive i spoke, they are waiting for PayPal to return money. As per PayPal email they will return on April 30, 2022. So, i guess this we will get refund only post that. 

Login to Me Too

SheetalRani17
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am facing the same issue and have provided all the details to PayPal but no luck. Could you please give me the fitbit support number or email as I am unable to find on website?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.