Fitbit recall refund

Alister35
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all. There was a recall of the fitbit Ionic and I was notified that there is a 299USD refund that has been sent to me. I never had a PayPal account , but gave them my email address. I was told to create a PayPal account using that email and then the funds would be available. I have done so, however my PayPal account is showing a nil balance . Is there anything I still need to do for the funds to reflect ? Thanks so much

Login to Me Too
73 REPLIES 73

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alister35 

Money should be there if the refund was sent as a PayPal payment to that email address. If you originally paid with a card through PayPal without a PayPal account the refund will go back on the card.

Contact the merchant or manufacturer.

Contact PayPal to see if there is a payment that went to your email address:

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us

Click “Message Us” or “Call Us” option on the bottom.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Alister35
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the response. I purchased the product in my home country south Africa. The recall was a global the method of payment was PayPal. This was the notification I got Fitbit Ionic Recall has sent you $309.00 USD quote Dear Valued Customer: This payment represents your refund regarding your Fitbit Ionic device. You can accept the refund by using the PayPal app or logging in at www.PayPal.com with your PayPal email address. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can create one. To get your payment, you must use the email address that received this email to set up your PayPal account. Note: You’re receiving your funds in US dollars. The amount you will receive will include a small increase above $299 USD to cover transaction fees, if applied. Your safety is always our top priority. Thank you for your continued support and being a member of the Fitbit family. Please take this brief survey to share your experience: https://fitbit.getfeedback.com/r/sNqw1L3J
Login to Me Too

WernerGroen
Contributor
Contributor

Yes 100 % same with me and still nothing showing my PayPal account 😞

Login to Me Too

subhave
New Community Member

i am having the same issue. 

Login to Me Too

WernerGroen
Contributor
Contributor

Well i phoned fitbit as suggested by Paypall help desk as they saying they cant do anything.

Fitbit saying its out of their hands also.

So i suppose we have been stolen from, as the Ionic is not working anymore, plus the refund is not coming and no one seem to care to help.

VERY UPSET ABOUT THIS 😞

Login to Me Too

Alister35
Contributor
Contributor
Did fitbit actually say they can't do anything? That's really disappointing. I guess they got us to deactivate our devices using the promise of a refund
Login to Me Too

WernerGroen
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, With a struggle i got to the call center in England. Reasonably friendly guy. But he just kind of brushed me off that it is not their problem.

And unfortunately also the Paypal Callcentre saying it not their problem also.

SO now what ??? we the customer are stuck in the middle with no one helping us or i suppose caring even.

i suppose 300 U$ off monies is not much to them, but now we have a watch that is deactivated and no money to show. So i would say we were scammed unfortunately 

Login to Me Too

Alister35
Contributor
Contributor
This is really horrible !! If it is a scam, I hope that this will be taken up. I wonder if anyone has got a refund
Login to Me Too

aemitch
New Community Member

Same. We need to start a class action lawsuit or something. It's ridiculous 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.