Fee

Hk25
Contributor
Contributor
Why am I getting a fee of £2.91 when I sold an item on depop and got transferred
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hk25 

Sorry did you think paypal was free?

They have to fund the service and pay their staffs wages so you pay a fee to use paypal to process those payments for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hk25
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry I don’t appreciate the sarcasm, I’ve had this PayPal for years and never been charged to receive money before. Considering I’m not their employer, I didn’t think I would be paying for their staff.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hk25 

Sellers ALWAYS and have ALWAYS paid a fee to receive payments for goods and services, the payment is deducted from the buyers payment before the remainder is credited to your balance.

That has been the case since Paypal started.

The ONLY time you do not pay a fee is if the payment is a gift payment sent via the friends/family option but that is not allowed if you sell goods or services as Paypal do not like you negating paying your fee.

Who DO you expect to pay the staffs wages for the service YOU are using if not the users of the service 🤔

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.