Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@celebritychic 

Friends and family option is not available for some countries/regions. If you don’t see the option, then it’s not available. Must send a goods and services payment instead.

If the recipient notices the money on 21 day hold, they have two methods to receive the money sooner depending on what they see on the screen:

Method 1:

Recipient has to change the order status: 

1. Go to Activity
  2. Find the transaction to update, then click Get your money
  3. For received payments that do not require shipping, selling an intangible item or service, select Service or virtual product to confirm order status. 
  4. Click Submit

Recipient will get their money 7 days after confirming the order status as Completed.

Method 2:

If there are no issues with the transactions such as disputes, claims or chargebacks, the funds should typically be released within 21 days from the date of payment.

In some markets, the transaction can be marked as "shipped" or "processed" to gain earlier access to the funds. Here's how to mark your item as “shipped” or “Processed” in the Transaction details.

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Go to Activity page,
  3. Click the transaction to update.
  4. Click “Add tracking info” button.
  5. Click the Order Status menu and select “Processed”  if shipping is not required.

Then Sender (you) can ‘confirm receipt’ after 48 hrs, here’s how:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

This hold happens if:

- sender forget to select friends and family option when they pay

- sender cannot send a friends and family payment, only goods and services payment.

- your account is new at receiving goods and services payments

- haven’t received payments in a long time or unusual activity for your account

- because PayPal detects high value or highly risky transactions

- change in products/services being sold

- received numerous complaints, disputes from customers or other users

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@celebritychic 

Friends and family option is not available for some countries/regions. If you don’t see the option, then it’s not available. Must send a goods and services payment instead.

If the recipient notices the money on 21 day hold, they have two methods to receive the money sooner depending on what they see on the screen:

Method 1:

Recipient has to change the order status: 

1. Go to Activity
  2. Find the transaction to update, then click Get your money
  3. For received payments that do not require shipping, selling an intangible item or service, select Service or virtual product to confirm order status. 
  4. Click Submit

Recipient will get their money 7 days after confirming the order status as Completed.

Method 2:

If there are no issues with the transactions such as disputes, claims or chargebacks, the funds should typically be released within 21 days from the date of payment.

In some markets, the transaction can be marked as "shipped" or "processed" to gain earlier access to the funds. Here's how to mark your item as “shipped” or “Processed” in the Transaction details.

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Go to Activity page,
  3. Click the transaction to update.
  4. Click “Add tracking info” button.
  5. Click the Order Status menu and select “Processed”  if shipping is not required.

Then Sender (you) can ‘confirm receipt’ after 48 hrs, here’s how:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

This hold happens if:

- sender forget to select friends and family option when they pay

- sender cannot send a friends and family payment, only goods and services payment.

- your account is new at receiving goods and services payments

- haven’t received payments in a long time or unusual activity for your account

- because PayPal detects high value or highly risky transactions

- change in products/services being sold

- received numerous complaints, disputes from customers or other users

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

solarairhead
Contributor
Contributor

These answers are so robotic and pathetic. You didn't answer his question. Why is the friends and family option missing NOW?! I live in the US and I have a personal account and I can't send money to friends and family. I was able to last month and now I can't. And this is a problem everyone is having. So please give us an actual answer. Why is the friends and family option missing? I don't want the people I send money to getting fees because then they take it out of my pocket. Now WHERE IS THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY OPTION?!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@solarairhead 

The answer was CORRECT, the original poster is in Trinidad and Tobago where the friends/family option is not available.

The answer was far from robotic as it took into account the country the original poster is in.

If you want someone to give up their time to help you then try asking a question nicely OR go contact customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.