Fails to Withdraw Money to a bank account but have no idea what went wrong

MikeMeowMeow
Contributor
Contributor

ive tried withdrawing amount twice and in both occasion it fails to do so and tells me nothing about what might be the problem
in the first occasion it appears that my name needs to be the same as in the bank account, so i did just that
but it wont allow me to connect, which after doing some digging on the internet happens to be the email address that isnt the same
and so i fixed it
so i tried withdrawing the money again and it still wont allow me to
any idea what might went wrong?

Some stuff that im confused about
- does the name has to be exactly the same? capital or not
- does address or however needs to also be exactly the same?
- i have also found that the debit card connected to my account has problems, would that influence the outcome of this withdrawal 

because any other feature of the bank account still works properly

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @MikeMeowMeow,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that you're unable to withdraw funds from your PayPal account. I know how important it is to have funds at the right time. kindly be advised that our security program considers a variety of factors at each transaction/activity to keep you safe. Any activity can often be blocked or declined if we detect any unusual or suspicious activity or not safe for your account in the future. Please be informed that if your withdrawal failed, it's most likely because the bank account details registered with your PayPal account do not match what your card/bank has on file. We recommend removing and re-adding your card/bank account details to make sure they match those on a recent bank statement. When re-adding a card/bank account, it’s important to enter your name exactly as it appears on your bank account statement. For example, if your card/bank account is in the name of “J P Smith”, you would need to enter “J P” as your first name. It is always good to keep other details as same as on the PayPal account to avoid discrepancies. You may use locally issued VISA card only to withdraw funds.

While re-adding the bank and confirming the bank, if the amounts are entered incorrectly 3 times, your bank account will be disabled and removed from your PayPal account.

Good luck,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.