Failed Withdrawal to Mpesa

philjames25
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone from Kenya experiencing challenges withdrawing from Paypal to Mpesa? Error message: the transaction could not be processed. Then it directs someone to the help page.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @philjames25,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting!

I am sorry to know that you're facing issues while withdrawing funds. Sometimes, our security program considers a variety of factors at each transaction/activity to keep you safe. Any activity can often be blocked or declined if we detect any unusual or suspicious activity or not safe for your account in the future. In this case, I would recommend you to try again after some time.

I hope this works,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @philjames25,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting!

I am sorry to know that you're facing issues while withdrawing funds. Sometimes, our security program considers a variety of factors at each transaction/activity to keep you safe. Any activity can often be blocked or declined if we detect any unusual or suspicious activity or not safe for your account in the future. In this case, I would recommend you to try again after some time.

I hope this works,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

philjames25
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

It worked, I had given the transaction some time and visited the site again to withdraw. It went through. But I guess I had to withdraw in batches of less than $100 every time. Don't know if that makes sense. Above $100 transaction would fail consistently. Below $100 there was 50% chance of transaction going through.

However, was advised that bank withdrawals are more reliable than the mpesa withdrawal, but would take longer for the balance to reflect. With mpesa you receive the funds within just a few minutes - that is when the transaction is successful.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.