Extra $1 charge on an item bought through facebook marketplace

Beep3
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item from Facebook Marketplace and the correct amount was taken out of my paypal account.  But also I received another email letting me know $1 was also taken out.  Same seller.  What would this be for? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @Beep3

I can certainly see how that would cause some confusion. 

Are you seeing separate transactions on your PayPal account or as a $1 added to the amount on the initial transaction? Is the transaction reflecting as Completed? 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Beep3
Contributor
Contributor

The dollar is no big deal, but it was strange how it happened.  The seller never saw the $1 on her end but I was sent an email stating I was being charged the dollar.  Then another email with the correct amount of money for the item I bought.  I don't see it on my paypal account but I do have the email in case anyone wanted to follow up with me. 

Login to Me Too

Paypal_Ashley1

Hello @Beep3

Thank you so much for your response. This dollar charge may have been an authorization charge. PayPal may charge a  $1.00 authorization to ensure the card being used is active. This charge will usually be removed within 72 hours or is not visible at all. In this situation, you may want to all a few more business days to see if it updates. 

Thank you, 

- Ashley

If you find this or any other post was useful or helpful, feel free to make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.