Etsy Payment Declined

JScar8
Contributor
Contributor

I have attempted to place an order on Etsy using Paypal, which has always been my preferred payment method, and has been for many years, but upon placing the order, I received an error message saying that the payment could not be placed with Paypal. Figuring that maybe it was a fluke or a mistake, I made a second attempt, but I received the same error message. Because I had tried to have the order shipped to a different address than my billing address, I changed the shipping address back to match my billing address to see if this would remedy the problem, but it didn't. Now, my bank account is showing three separate Paypal/Etsy transactions pending, but neither my Etsy or Paypal accounts are showing where these transaction attempts, and because of that, I can't seem to get any help from either of them. What should I do? I'm thinking I may have to contact my bank about it, since they appear to be the only ones showing that these transaction attempts are pending, and that's tying up nearly $90 of my money unnecessarily.

EDIT: Nevermind. I finally got in touch with an agent with Etsy, they advised me to get in touch with my bank to cancel the attempted transactions.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.