Error message when trying to link bank account

TristanZeller
Contributor
Contributor

I've had nothing but problems with PayPal. Orders from my debit card have a success rate of roughly 50% in spite of sufficiently high balance. I tried to link my bank account a few months ago which initially seemed to work (I received the small payment which was deducted some time later) but my bank account never showed up in my PayPal account. I now tried to link my bank account again after a failed order and got the mentioned error message (Sorry, that bank is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts). When going to my wallet, no bank account is shown, only my hardly functioning debit card. How can I fix this issue and link my bank account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @TristanZeller

Thanks for posting in the Community, and welcome to the Forum! 

I understand you're having difficulty linking and using your bank. I apologize for the frustration this has caused. If there was an issue after it was added, such as the bank reporting that the account information was incorrect or a denied payment, it could cause the bank to be removed. If the bank has been added and removed multiple times (over multiple accounts or even just one), that can prevent it from being added again. To get to the bottom of this, I suggest reaching out to Customer Support. You can contact Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website. Support is also available through Facebook Private Message or Twitter Direct Message.

I hope you can add and use the bank soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.