Error Message

oozieW
Contributor
Contributor

For several weeks now, whenever I try to pay for a transaction, I get the error message:

"Something went wrong on our end - - We're sorry, we're having some trouble completing your request right now. Please try again shortly."

If the seller also offered a checkout  option of paying directly with a credit card, it doesn't go through and I get a similar message ("Try again later").  Please help me figure out how to use PayPal again.  Oh, I don't have a cell phone.  Could that be contributing to the problem somehow?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Craig

Hi @oozieW,

Welcome to the Community!

Firstly, I am sorry to hear that you are unable to make a payment. Please note that in some cases, our internal security systems can block these actions for your protection. This could be due to many reasons, such as accessing your account from a different region, usage of unrecognized or restricted networks like VPN, public networks or an abnormal transaction. These actions are part of our global security measures intended to identify an account holder's identity.

Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Clear cache and cookies.
2. Attempt to login through the device, location or IP address more consistent with previous account activity
3. Use a different browser or device.
4. Activate location services in your device or in the browser.
5. Ensure the account is not being used using VPN or hosting IP.
6. Wait 48-72 hours and try again.

I hope this helps!

Craig

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.