Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues with the Nintendo Switch eShop. I'd recommend starting here when troubleshooting why your Payment was declined. If you're still seeing issues after that, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support teams.
- Jon K
If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Sorry to hear of the error.
This error usually means the payment was declined. In order to link your PayPal account to a Nintendo account, you have to select a card as the payment method. These type of payments require an instant form of payment, which is why a card is needed.
I hope this information helps!
Hi Admin. I have been facing the same issue for quite a while. My account works well on other platforms. I have tried delinking and linking again, and its not working. My guess is that it is because my account is tagged to a Japan Nintendo Eshop. However, it is very weird because i have been gaming games for over 4 years already.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Unable to automatic transfer to my bank account in Transactions
- Showing error while switching businesses account in Managing Account
- I cannot go to the pay pal website in Managing Account
- Item is placed on hold. Any help would be appreciated! in Transactions
- Item never arrived that I paid for. Help? in Security and Fraud