Echeque has been pending for 7 working days and still no money

Ieuan647
Contributor
Contributor

i got sent an Echeque on May 9th. its been 7 working days and its still pending. I would love some help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ieuan647 

Have had eCheck pend for 2 weeks before. They are super slow. PayPal will notify you/recipient when an eCheck has cleared. Payment has to go through clearing houses and bank interchanges.

If you want it quicker, next time, have both a bank acct and card linked, pay with bank acct and it’ll be instant transferred—PayPal pays ahead immediately for you while the bank payment processes.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ieuan647 

Have had eCheck pend for 2 weeks before. They are super slow. PayPal will notify you/recipient when an eCheck has cleared. Payment has to go through clearing houses and bank interchanges.

If you want it quicker, next time, have both a bank acct and card linked, pay with bank acct and it’ll be instant transferred—PayPal pays ahead immediately for you while the bank payment processes.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

everdreaded
Contributor
Contributor
Or even better PAYPAL needs to inform buyers especially those new to this about they exact protocol that converts a transfer into an e-check BEFORE they hit the send and not AFTERWARDS! I've been waiting on my funds since the 28th of MAY and still nothing.. why PP still issues outdated e checks andos lax in informing of the ramifications beforehand is a mystery to me.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey @everdreaded

Thank you for posting in the PayPal Community! 

I understand awaiting a payment to complete can be concerning. A payment will be sent as an eCheck if your PayPal balance is not enough to cover the payment and you don’t have a card and a bank linked to your account. With eChecks, your bank account will be debited when the payment is initiated. However, the recipient will typically receive the money up to 10 working days later.

You should see an estimated clearing date on the Activity section of your PayPal account. For more information on this, see: What is an eCheck? (paypal.com)

If you would like to add a card to your account in order to process payments in the future, see: How do I add, update, or remove a card? (paypal.com)

I hope this helps. Have a nice day! 

Rebecca. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.