ENTERED DEBIT CARD NUMBER INSTEAD OF ACCOUNT NUMBER AT THE BACK OF THE CARD

mrdetz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Hope I will get a valid response for this problem. Let me say that I did a human-error which I linked a bank account to my paypal so that I can withdraw my funds. Unfortunately, I mistakenly inputted the debit card number (16-digit number in front) instead of the Account Number (card back numbers) and saved it. Paypal accepted it so I thought it's the correct details, but when I tried to withdraw my funds from Paypal to my linked ATM card with wrong account number, it processed and says completed but did not go in my bank account (because account number is wrong).
Questions is, how can I get back my money? Do I need to go to my bank provider or Paypal can do anything about this? Or will my money bounce back to my Paypal because the account details is wrong? 

Any response would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank You!!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

haydeeelvie
Contributor
Contributor
hi, i used B D O
Login to Me Too

maebalbin

Hello, I have the same problem. Did you call BDO to address the msitaken account number? Before they process to bounce back the money to paypal? Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Zane5
Hello Same issue here. Do i need to call BDO right away? PayPal please inform all customers beforehand.
Login to Me Too

roii
Contributor
Contributor

I just had the same problem. BDO said it should reflect on my account the day the withdrawal was approved. 

i hope my money bounces back. it's my 4th day since paypal approved. 

Login to Me Too

jmartmej
Contributor
Contributor
Hi po, just wanna ask if your money bounced back na? I’m thinking of going to my bank na 😭
Login to Me Too

kpjprd
Contributor
Contributor

Did your money came back?

Because I am now experiencing this situation too

Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone! I believe I just made the same mistake. Just wanted to ask which banks process these faster and which don't? I've used my Metrobank as the main bank to transfer from Paypal. And has anyone who used Metrobank had theirs resolved at a decent amount of time? If I go directly to Metrobank, will they perhaps trace the money which probably is on a 'floating status' because the bank account is incorrect using the tracking number from PayPal? Appreciate your replies. Thanks

Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor

After going backwards and forwards with trying to get a concrete answer from Paypal aside from being told to wait 5-7 days, I went ahead and asked my local bank (Metrobank). If you have had the error of adding your card number instead of account number, you can inform your local bank about this. They can check if there is a "floating amount" under your card number that was credited by Paypal which in my case, there is. The bank informed me this has been reverted back to Paypal the day after I transferred the money because they flagged it as an 'incorrect account'. I have now tried to reach out to Paypal through their only communication that is free of charge - chat feature on FB. I'm still waiting to hear back as to when the funds will be reverted back to my Paypal account. I'll post here again for an update.

Login to Me Too

mhayeng22
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

The same thing happened to me. I withdrew all my money last Monday and I just realized it today that I entered my card number instead of my account number. This is really frustrating. I called my local bank and they said there's nothing like "floating amount or pending etc" on my account. Please let me know how did you manage to reach PayPal CS.

This would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

jmartmej
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, You can send them an email. My money bounced back after 5 business days but with deduction na.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.