During a bankcard purchase, why doesn't PayPal indicate the authorized amount and the exchange rate?

Erzsebet
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to pay 17,86 EUR by bankcard via PayPal, but during the payment process when the seller's site forwarded me to PayPal's site I did not saw any information about the transaction amount that I wanted to pay (see attached). Is it okay to do not inform me about the amount that PayPal want to debit on my bankcard? (Yes, of course, I saw the EUR amount on the seller's site, but since I authorized the payment on a different website, I think it would be much more trustworthy if PayPal would confirm the transaction amoun during the payment too)

When I clicked on the button "Agree & Continue" my Bank sent me a text message (SMS) about the successful bankcard purchase and then I noticed that PayPal debited my bankcard in HUF and not in EUR. But during the payment, PayPal did not indicate that they will exchange the EUR amount into HUF. They also failed to indicate the currency exchange rate during the payment. (see attached). Is this legal to not inform me the details of the payment or a currency exchange rate before I authorize the payment?

During the payment PayPal only provided an URL to the User Agreement, but the User Agreement does not contain the exact information (amount, exchange rate) in connection with the problematic bankcard purchase.

Honestly, I would like to submit a written complaint to PayPal, but I still need to find the submenu to do this.

Erzsebet_0-1636389942296.png

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.